Friday, August 29, 2008

O-bam-a


I watched Obama's speech again on C-Span last night. With all of the excitement on the floor it was hard to hear every word. And believe me, I wanted to hear every word. He blew me away. He addressed all of the criticisms against him. He preempted a lot of the Rovian tactics that will be coming down the pike, he inspired the followers he has and he convinced those on the fence. His policy statements were strong and his attacks against McCain were measured and fair. It sounded like common sense, not attack-dog defensiveness. He was amazing. 

There were 80k+ in the stadium and everyone was rapt. If he can command a live crowd of that size, he can command a nation. One of the pundits said that McCain has an uphill battle. He is not running against a candidate, he is running against a movement. I've never seen such diverse elements come together behind a candidate. 

This is probably unfair but I'm going to do it anyway. Obama = 80,000 supporters McCain = 3000 for his largest gathering yet. 

No comments: